Friday, August 19, 2011

Getting to know You



This week, in my first ever online course; which happens to be Funeral Services, we spent a lot of time "getting to know you."  (which makes me want to sing: Getting to Know You, Getting to Know All About You...) What a  varied and interesting group of people. From just out of high school, mid career (like myself) or those new retirement, the students in this course will teach me as much as the curriculum.  Imagine being a soldier in Afghanistan and taking an online Funeral course.  We have two of those!
Now that introductions are over, it's time to get to work. To launch my 3rd college career, I went to Target and bought school supplies. Cheesy, I know...but you have to get in the mood!  Now, with pen and paper ready, I've started my homework!  I can seriously hardly contain my excitement.

First assignments-- answering questions about ancient funerals.... Love it!  While I spend a lot of time wandering around Historic Oakwood Cemetery giving tours, I have always loved learning about the ancient cultures before us. 

So...welcome to my blog!  Feel free to comment, let's talk! 

Here I'll find reverent ways to share my love of the dead.... and our dead space.

No comments:

Post a Comment